Sunday, July 31, 2011

Baltimore Snowball Company

I have an addiction to confess... I am crazy about snowballs! Some people like steak. Some people enjoy chocolate. I on the other hand can't get enough snowballs!

My quest for the best snowball around lead me to the Baltimore Snowball Company in Essex, MD. The gold medal goes to this place!

Their flavor selection is ridiculous. Think of any traditional flavor and they probably 3-4 varieties. They also have more crazy flavors than I can list in one place... everything from pumpkin pie, to tiramisu, to tootsie roll. In addition to a wide variety of flavors they have marshmallow AND ice cream options. They will also "level off" snowballs to take the messy level for little ones from gigantic down to huge.




It may not look like much on the outside, but the it's what's on the inside that counts!



You probably think I am a bit to passionate about my snowballs at this point and you're right. Today I tried the wedding cake flavor. It was pretty good! I honestly enjoy the cherry kola the best so far. The ice is also the right consistency. Not so soft that it melts and turns into a drink within minutes and not so hard that large chunks form that you have to throw away.




At the BSF they have a customer loyalty program where you get 1 snowball free for every 10 you buy. I only found this gem yesterday and we're already on the verge of a free one!





There is a cute little area with picnic tables to eat. The boys had a blast!






The BSF is located at 701 Mace Avenue, Essex, MD 21221. It's at the corner of Myrth Avenue, just across the street from the Royal Farm store. Prices range from $1.50 to $4.00 a snowball depending on how large you want it to be and which add ins you include. I recommend getting a medium as their large is my version of a jumbo (so you definitely get your money's worth). Get there soon before summer is over! :)


2 comments:

  1. This is Joel's favorite snowball place too, I am pretty sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost wish I hadn't found it... I have shamefully been 3 times since Saturday! :) It is pretty close to Mrs. Gloria's.

    ReplyDelete