Saturday, September 6, 2014

Home Depot Kids Workshop!

It's no secret that my favorite price is FREE, but some times I am skeptical when I hear the word! For a long time I have been hearing about the free monthly kids project at Home Depot and after seeing a friend's Facebook post this morning, we headed to our local Home Depot. Well, it wasn't too good to be true! It really is free and more importantly it was very nice!

This month's Kids Workshop was a Wizard of Oz Birdhouse (in celebration of the 75th anniversary of the movie). When we arrived to Home Depot we simply signed in, they provided us with a prepackaged kit to make the birdhouse, an apron to keep paint of clothing, and then give you the space and tools needed to complete the project.



Both boys were overjoyed that I "actually" let them touch a hammer. We found it easier to build our birdhouses on the floor than the tables as they were bouncy. 



I'm not sure if every Home Depot goes as far as our local store, but they even had Wizard of Oz cut outs and decorations! I loved the inflatable ruby red slippers that looked like they were on the witches legs after the house fell on her! (That sentence sounds really morbid... not my intention!)




At the end of the project they even go so far as to give the kids a certificate and special button specific to the day's craft! 

I was beyond impressed with how generous Home Depot was and we definitely be going back! They have a Kids Workshop on the first Saturday of every month from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Next month's craft is an ambulance! For more details please visit: 

1 comment:

  1. Lowe's does this as well. They usually do this twice a month and their builds are usually toys that your boys can play with. In the past they have done a multi-week project that ends up being a train for Christmas. Both of my children love to go.

    ReplyDelete