Saturday, September 19, 2009

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

I have to admit that lately I've been wondering why Hollywood feels they need to take every classic children's book and turn it into a movie (I still can't believe they are trying to touch "Where the Wild Things Are" next month). "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" has always been a favorite of mine. When student teaching I even had my students write their own books based on the story. Using my three year old son as my excuse, I went to see the movie today. Honestly, it didn't disappoint, but it wasn't exactly like the book either. The graphics were amazing, the story was cute, and there was humor infused throughout the movie. I'd give it three out of four meatballs. It had a nice message about being true to yourself and never giving up on your dreams. My son viewed the film differently, at the end when I asked him about his favorite part he said, "I liked the big meatball."

No comments:

Post a Comment