Sunday, September 13, 2009

What a Blessed Weekend!

This week has been a roller coaster of small ups and downs at work and at home in my personal life. God has really been good though, almost seeming to step in and "fix" things.

On Thursday I was very excited to receive a phone call from WRBS 95.1 (local Christian radio station) letting me know that I had won a "VIP package" to the Chris Sligh and Aaron Shust concert. This package included tee shirts, cds, a preshow meet and greet/acoustic session, and concert tickets!!! I really wanted to go desperately (Chris Sligh was on American Idol and was one of my favorites), but things are extremely tight for us financially and it just wasn't a possibility. Jason agreed to go with me, and even though Christian music is not his thing he did mention that he is beginning to have an interest with playing the guitar and was able to appreciate that aspect of the evening. Without going into detail our marriage really needed this night out! It was nice to hold hands, talk, and focus on nothing but each other. Some times I think parents try to be such great Mommys and Daddys that they forget about the husband and wife part of things. Really if you think about it, the marriage needs to be strong in order to be good parents!

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the evening:

Me and Chris Sligh. I brought up seeing him on Idols Live, but later he talked about wanting to be know more for than being a "singing head" on Idol though, oops. He was very nice though and so funny! (Just like American Idol, but there I go again! LOL)

Me and Aaron Shust (Unfortunately we only got to hear him acoustically... I felt too guilty staying there until the end of the concert because I wanted to see Caleb before he went to bed. He was great acoustically and very nice though. I hope to see him in a full show one day. He is best know for the song "My Savior, My God.")

Chris Sligh during the concert

I also posted a video on youtube of Chris singing 2 songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY6bTjh6qhc

On another happy note I think we might (fingers crossed that it will work out this time) have found a new church home at Community Christian Church. I like nondenominational churches, despite going to denominational churches (Catholic and Lutheran) as a child. It something about them that is more genuine and laid back in a good way. I thought I had found a great church about a year ago but things really fell apart. I am unfortunately hesitant to get excited after that experience. Their message this week was on Materialism. We are in over our heads big time now financially due to our huge weekly daycare payment and huge mortgage payment, so again I think God put today's message there for a reason.

Any way, I don't have much time for blogging any more but I like coming on here when I can! I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Go Ravens!

2 comments:

  1. That's alright Shannon. I figured you were probably pretty busy with school being back in. I hope everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to let you know that you look awesome girl. You look so happy and truely healthy! Hope you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete