Sunday, October 11, 2009

Chapel Hill Nursery

Those of you who know me well know that my favorite season is fall and my favorite holiday/day of the year is October 31st! There's something special about this time of year that I struggle to put into words. From the red, orange, and yellow leaves (beautiful even as they are dying), to the crisp air, to the fragrances in the air, I can't get enough!

Part of our fall traditions include visits to local pumpkin farms for some "agritainment." This weekend we ventured to Chapel Hill Nursery in Perry Hall. Much more affordable (than Webers, sorry Webers!) and less crowded, I am glad we went even if it was drizzling on and off. We enjoyed a hayride through the "scary" woods (this is the best local hayride as far as I am concerned), farm animals (my personal favorite were the newborn baby pigs), a petting zoo, and little train ride. Below are some pictures of our fun!

Caleb and Blake ready to head out to the farm. Caleb wore his "trick or treat" shirt. Caleb wore his pumpkin hat, "too cute to scare" shirt, and Halloween socks.

Caleb in the petting zoo. There were goats, gigantic bunnies, chickens, and baby pigs (although they were impossible to pet).

The gang on the little train ride.
Hailey (Caleb's daycare friend), Caleb, Hanna (my niece), and Blake.

My boys on the hayride, Mom Mom Carr is in the background

Blake enjoying his first hayride.

Chapel Hill Nursery is located at 4350 Chapel Hill Road in Perry Hall, MD. Their phone number is (410) 256-5335. Tickets are $2 a piece or 12 for $20. Each ride/event costs 1 ticket. We bought $20 worth and didn't use all of them.







No comments:

Post a Comment