Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What's on Your Bucket List?

Last month I finally got around to watching "The Bucket List" for the first time (I know, I'm way behind the times). I loved it and it left me wanting to make my own list! Jason and I recently discussed our bucket lists. From doing a mission trip in a third world country (maybe doing some teaching since it is what I am good at), to seeing the Christmas tree in New York City, to seeing my kids graduate from college my list is pretty full! I also mentioned how much I would love to meet the cast of my favorite television show "Ace of Cakes!" Little did I know that I would be checking this item off my list so soon!

Last week I was playing around on the Charm City Cakes website (www.charmcitycakes.com) and I clicked on the "events" link and saw that they would be signing their new book "Ace of Cakes: Inside the World of Charm City Cakes" at a bookstore in Baltimore! I freaked!

Tonight we went to the book signing and it did not dissapoint! All of the cake makers were friendly and allowed us to take pictures (Jon & Kate Gosselin wouldn't let us!). There were people that came from Louisiana and California just for the book signing, apparently I'm not the only cake nut! I didn't even mind standing in the rain for over an hour!





I told Mary Alice about my bucket list and she gave me a high five! She was just like she is on television in person, I love her!!! I didn't say much to Geof as I was nervous that Jason would call me out on my crush in front of him!

And the greatest moment of all... I met the Ace of Cakes himself, Duff Goldman! I was more excited than a 12 year old girl at a Jonas Brother concert! I may even put this on our Christmas card!
As you can see I had a great time! I hope you get to check some items of your list soon too!



No comments:

Post a Comment