Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Party Hardy!

We have just survived 5 parties in 5 days!


It started on Friday when I threw my Mom and sister Sara a Memorial Day themed cookout for our monthly "ladies night." I am very fascinated by Sandra Lee (Food Network... google her) and the concept of "tablescapes." Mine aren't nearly as elaborate or fancy as hers because of my budget, but even a quick trip to the dollar store can spruce up any party! I had everything from red/white/blue lights to balloons!

On Sunday (we went to Pennsylvania on Saturday and visited Dutch Wonderland/Chocolate World) we went to John John's birthday party in Fallston. The Weidinger family really knows how to throw a party! From the dunking tank to musical chairs Caleb really had a ball!

On Monday we went to Jason's parents for a Memorial Day cookout. My family was invited too, so it really made for a nice day! I was happy that Caleb actually swam in the big pool, even if it was only for a few minutes!

Today, Tuesday I threw a baby shower at work for a coworker. My mother in law was really helpful and had a lot of decorations for me to borrow. The best moment was when Jenn's Mom and kindergarten teacher walked in from Frederick. I had gotten her Mom's phone number through the grapevine and invited her. The look on her face was priceless!

After the baby shower at work (and field day all day) I came home, quickly showered, and then Blake and I headed to Stacey's for our small group picnic. I am sad that I won't see these ladies every Tuesday for a couple months!
We are so blessed to be invited to so many parties/be able to have so many parties. However, I think I am partied out for now! I am looking forward to a quiet weekend. :)












No comments:

Post a Comment