Sunday, May 23, 2010

Shrek the Final Chapter and Hashbrown Casserole



Yesterday Caleb and I saw the final installment (we'll see if that's really true in a year or so) of the Shrek movie series. We went with our buddies, the Cosden family. I honestly wasn't overly excited about seeing another Shrek movie, but Caleb has asked many times to go. To be honest my attitude quickly changed and I think I may have enjoyed more than Caleb! (If that's even possible!) The movie is loaded with appropriate adult humor! I found myself laughing more times than I count, which is rare for me! We saw the 3-D version, which made the experience even cooler. The premise of the movie is what would life would be like if Shrek never existed and never broke Fiona's curse (beautiful princess by day, ugly ogre by night). My favorite character in this movie is the overweight Puss in Boots... I think he reminded me too much of my own fat cat Simba. I give this movie four out of four stars! Don't wait until it comes to Redbox, go to theatre! :)



This was a delicious hit at the poor Friday breakfast at school this week. So easy to make too!

Hashbrown Casserole

1 package, 32 oz bag of hash browns
2 cans (10.75 oz) cream of potato soup
8 oz. of cubed ham (I threw in extra)
16 oz. sour cream
2 cups of cheddar cheese
1 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix the first 5 ingredients together, you need a big bowl.
Spread into a 13x9 pan.
Sprinkle parmesan on top.
Bake for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment