Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Love Build a Bear!

I love the Build a Bear store in Towson! Many of you have probably already been and know how it works, but I figured I would blog about it any way just in case you haven't been! There was recently a coupon in the newspaper for $10 off a $30 purchase and I let this be our excuse for going. This was our third trip as a family and it won't be our last! Each visit starts by picking out an animal stuff at the beginning of the store. Initially Blake picked a monkey and Caleb picked "E.B." from the new movie "Hop." At the last minute Blake changed his mind and wanted the same thing as his brother, something that is happening often lately!
After picking your animal you have to give it a heart. Kids are told to rub it on their heads to give it brains, then rub it on their belly so that it will never be hungry, and then to rub it on their heart so it will always feel loved. Corny? Yes! Right up my alley? Yes!
After giving your stuffed friend a heart you actually have to stuff it. Blake didn't care for this part as it's a little loud. I also think he's still adjusting to the new volume his tubes let him hear.
After stuffing your animal you have to give him a "bath." This is really just a fan and brush, but the kids love it. Next, you stop in the accessory section. This is where things can get ugly and expensive, lol! They have everything from "Hello Kitty" underwear to a wheelchair. I didn't get to take any pictures in this section as I was busy helping the boys dress their bunnies. They both got the same cute outfit, but different shoes so that we could tell them apart. Finally, you stop to print a birth certificate for your stuffed animal. There is also a id tag system so that if their bunnies get lost and someone should turn them back in they would be able to contact us. Craziness!
Each bunny got a "house" to come home in!
The boys held their bunnies for the rest of the day. I am still not sure who had more fun, them or me! :) I wish this place would have been around when I was a kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment