Saturday, April 23, 2011

Flea Market Fun!

I've heard several good things about a local flea market and decided to check it out. I'm all about anything Amish as many of you know! I was glad that we went.
Joppa Marketplace is located in the same building as the old Kmart and Cmart on Route 40. It's only about 10 minutes from our house!

The boys really enjoyed the Amish farmer's market. Above is Blake enjoying a very cheesy ham and cheese pretzel.




Jason indulged in the chocolate covered bacon. Even if I wasn't on a diet I think you would have a hard time convincing me to touch this, let alone eat it!


In addition to pretzels and chocolate covered bacon they had meats, cheeses, baking goods, pasta, and a lot more. On the healthy side they had pretty good produce. I bought a watermelon, apples, and bananas. The also had 15 calorie "pop"whole wheat bread. I would have taken more pictures but wanted to be sure that I didn't take any close ups of the Amish folk out of respect.




The flea market side still seems to growing, but I found a treasure in the back at a candle booth called "Flicker Scents."


I bought this beautiful electric tart warmer for $20. Well worth it and much nicer than what you would find at Yankee candle right now. I showed my sister and she liked it so much that I actually went back later this afternoon to buy her one for her birthday (she already knows so this blog doesn't spoil anything). They had awesome tarts, my favorite being "chili vanilli." It smells like a good old fashioned snowball. Another neat thing they had was soy tarts that when you melt them can be used as lotion! How cool is that! In fact... I think I will stop blogging, take a bubble bath, and warm up my lotion tart right now! Check this flea mart out soon! :)













No comments:

Post a Comment