Sunday, August 25, 2013

Broom's Bloom!

In recent weeks I've had countless friends post on social media about their trip to Broom's Bloom! Curiosity hit a fever pitch and we headed up after church today! (Disclaimer: This post will not be healthy in nature, you've been warned! Everything in moderation though folks... like once a month, if that!)


Broom's Bloom is primarily a creamery with the best ice cream I have ever had in my entire life... I am not making this up! I had rice pudding ice cream and it was seriously amazing! Hints of vanilla bean, cinnamon, and soft rice (which I would love to know how they kept it soft!). In fact, any ice cream I have in the future will only be compared to Broom's Bloom! (Foodgasm!) No I was not paid to say this, it really was THAT good! My men had salted caramel pecan, blueberry muffin, and dirt flavors and loved theirs!


In addition to ice cream (which is what you should go for!) there were cute teas in mason jars, soups (Jason's cream of crab was great), sandwiches (grilled cheese, pb & j, etc.), and salads.


This gem is located in the middle of nowhere on a farm! (1700 South Fountain Green Road in Bel Air to be exact... just off of 543) Their website does not seem to be working at the current time, but their facebook page can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/BBDairy You can eat inside or outside and there are plenty of goodies to purchase to take home... quarts of their ice cream, meats, etc.

You may want to make a dash there this week as the sunflowers are in full bloom and made for some awesome pictures!





My only advice is that they are SUPER crowded on weekends and didn't seem to have the staff to support their popularity. When we go back (we certainly will be putting this on our short list!) it will be on a weeknight or between lunch and dinner. It took us nearly 45 minutes to order our food and get it. Hope you get to experience their amazingness (I think I just made up a word) soon! Great for kids and adults! 

2 comments:

  1. Great article. I too looooove this place. So family friendly, ice cream is best I've ever tasted also, and the grilled cheese is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and the sunflowers are just beautiful. I missed them this year but last year I took a lot of pictures. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete