Thursday, December 31, 2009

Cook or Be Cooked + A Recipe


I have not asked for a video game for Christmas since I was a kid. This year my most watched television channel the Food Network has been running nonstop ads for the "Cook or be Cooked" video game. I guess the subliminal messaging worked and I added it to my list. I am so glad I did! It's so much fun AND I am learning new recipes to try at the same time! In each level you make a different recipe (so far I have done bacon and eggs, chicken quesadillas with salsa and guacamole, and a bacon sandwich). You earn points for multi-tasking, following steps correctly, and speed. At the same you are learning actual cooking tips and recipes that you can try. The first one I tried was an easy way to create chicken quesadillas at home. They were delish, give it a try!



Chicken Quesadillas

Ingredients

Flour tortillas

Shredded cheddar

Cook/cubed chicken (I purchased the mexican style perdue shortcuts)

Butter/margarine

Directions

1. Heat skillet to medium high.

2. Melt butter

3. Place 1 flour tortilla flat into the pan. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar and chicken (this should be based on taste. Allow to cook for 30 seconds, cheese will melt.

4. Fold quesadilla half. Cook 2 minutes on each side.

5. Serve with preferred dipping items (we chose sour cream and Trader Joe's salsa).

No comments:

Post a Comment