Monday, January 18, 2010

Fun 3 Day Weekend!

Today is MLK day! I love being a teacher on days like these! I am very grateful that I had today off as we are finishing a hectic weekend!

On Friday night I went out with my Mom and her friends to celebrate Mrs. Gloria's birthday.

On Saturday we had two birthday parties, each for a girl named Hanna(h)!

The first party was for my niece Hanna at the Bounce Party N' Play!

Caleb really got a workout running through all of the obstacle courses and going down the slides! I got a twisted ankle! Apparently since I've lost 30 pounds I think I'm invincible and decided to climb up a huge, inflatable wall. Not a good plan! I've definitely been humbled!

It is hard to believe that Hanna is already 2! It was only 2 years ago when she was this tiny:



She is happy and healthy now! God and modern medicine are amazing!

After Hanna's 2nd birthday we headed over to Hannah's birthday! This Hannah is my friend Bonnie's stepdaughter and was at an indoor pool. Unfortunately Caleb is still terrified of swimming after an incident a few years ago. I don't know what to do! I have been back and forth about putting him in swim classes. I would hope it would get him over his fear of the water, but I worry that being forced into the water would traumatize him! He spent the party watching the other kids swim and "guarding" the pizza (he said he was too busy to swim because someone had to guard the pizza!). It was fun any way!

On Sunday we spent the morning at church, I went to a coworker's baby shower, and then my family went to dinner. Whew!

Today I am not doing much! Just folding laundry, laying on the floor with Blake to play (Caleb is with my parents), and maybe making a quick trip to the post office and Target. I hope everyone is well! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've had a great weekend!!! <3 it. There are days where I wonder if I should have become a teacher, cuz of all of the holiday perks... :-D

    ReplyDelete