Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Fantasy Fudge

My mother-in-law recently mentioned that she wanted fudge, so I made some! Everything went well with two minor exceptions... First, I didn't read the ingredient list carefully enough and did not have enough chocolate. I had to run to the grocery store quickly as I had already put the buter, sugar, and evaporated milk in the pot. I really need to pay attention! Second, I forgot the vanilla! I did take a little nip off the mixing spoon and it still tastes good despite this mistake. Considering it cost an arm and a leg to buy fudge, this is the way to go! The recipe is on the side of Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme jars!


Ingredients:
3 Cups Sugar
3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
1 small can evaporated milk (5 oz. Do NOT use sweetened condensed milk)
1 1/2 package (12 squares) BAKER's semi sweet chocolate, chopped (super messy)
1 jar (7 oz) JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
1 cup walnuts (I did not use this)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Line 9 inch square pan with foil. Allow foil to extend over sides.
2. Place sugar, butter, and evaporated milk in a large saucepan. Bring to full, rolling boil on medium heat. Stir constantly (or it will scald!). Boil 4 minutes then remove from heat.
3. Add chocolate and marshmallow creme, stir until completely melted. Add walnuts and vanilla.
4. Pour immediately into prepared pan. Let stand at room temperature for 4 hours before cutting. Cut into 1 inch squares. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment