Thursday, July 22, 2010

Smores Bars

I made this recipe for dessert tonight (I had my family over for dinner). It was extremely delicious! I am glad that I had family over and shared with neighbors as having only 1 small piece was tough! ;)

Smores Bars (Taken from TasteofHome.com)
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (I just crushed up regular graham crackers in a ziploc bag using a rolling pin)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 hershey bars (1.55 ounces each, I bought a 6 pack at Target)
1 cup marshmallow creme
1.In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture. Hold 1/2 cup for topping.
2. Press remaining mixture into a greased 9 inch square pan. Place candy bars over crust. Spread with marshmallow creme (trickiest part of the recipe... I microwaved it to make it more spreadable, which worked... except that it exploded all over the place inside of the microwave).
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment