Tuesday, July 20, 2010

If I Had a Dollar for...

each microscopic Styrofoam ball that we sucked up in the vacuum tonight, I would probably be a millionaire. Caleb's nap did not go so well today... in fact, it was a disaster! He was quiet, so I thought he was actually sleeping. Puh! When I came to get him out of bed I discovered that he had chewed a hole (this is why I refuse to let him have a dog... I don't want things getting chewed, ha) through his Lightning McQueen Car plush. This plush contained said Styrofoam balls. The picture above really does not do the situation much justice. The balls were under his bed, on the floor, on the bunky board, between the bunky board and wooden rail, all over his sheets, all over his comforter, and stuck to his stuffed animals. The best part is that they have a strong static charge! They are stuck in our hair, clothes, and shoes. This is spreading the Styrofoam balls to every inch of my house. I am determined they will still be surfacing ten years from now. Help!

To add injury to insult, 4 year olds are good at that, he also succeeded in totalling his expensive room darkening blind. Jason will have to buy ANOTHER one from Home Depot on the way home from work tomorrow.
I made him sit in time out for 30 minutes. Then I did something kind of mean... His swim school called and cancelled his class for tonight because there was an "accident" (a kid pooped in the pool) at the pool. I told him that he wasn't going to swim class because he was punished. He was devastated. In some small way it honestly felt like justice! For tomorrow's nap I will be watching the video monitor, it may be more interesting than New Jersey Housewives any way!

No comments:

Post a Comment