Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"My Sister's Keeper"


Tonight I saw a prescreening (I win a lot of tickets through the 101.9 Lite Fm Email Listeners Club emails, sign up for it!) of "My Sister's Keeper." This is a story about a little girl that was genetically engineered to save her sister's life (the sister has leukemia). She files for medical emancipation from her parents so that she does not have to undergo any more medical procedures, surgeries, etc. The key question of the movie is WHY does she file for this emancipation? While the subject matter is rather serious, there are many funny moments intertwined into the movie. This movie hooked me in the first 30 seconds and I loved it. It is a definite chick flick, take a girlfriend! Bonnie came with me and I was glad, Jason would have been muttering sarcastic comments under his breath as I cried!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure that I would be able to handle that movie! It amazes me how easily I get choked up now! I almost cried during Up...Disney's new Pixar movie! It is getting downright ridiculous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen "Up" yet but heard on WRBS (our local Christian radio station) that it has a great message. I'll have to take Caleb when it comes to the second run movie theatre!

    ReplyDelete