Saturday, March 27, 2010

Awake Tonight Tour

Last Friday I went with my concert buddy Stacey to see Toby Mac and Skillet the Baltimore Arena (First Mariner Arena... or whatever they are calling it this month) and it was AMAZING!


Now to be honest, Skillet caught me completely off guard. I didn't really know who they were, so when they came out with red flames, smoke, and fireworks I was initially taken back (I grabbed Stacey by the arm and screamed). I had no idea they were a heavy metal Christian band! After the initial shock I actually wound up loving them! I've been jamming out to "Monster" all week! I do love that even though they are heavy metal they spoke about Christ and the message is interwoven through out all of their music! They play this on 98 rock!

After Skillet was Toby Mac! I love him and can't say it enough times! He started the show by crowd surfing from the back of the arena to the stage.

There was not a dull moment and he sang all of my favorites from "Made to Love You" to "Tonight" to "Irene." He even threw in a little "Pants on the Ground" (HA). What was truly amazing is the fact that he walked out into the audience and every one was civilized! You just don't see that at concerts! I just about lost it when he came up into our section!

He finished the show with "Jesus Freak!" (From his DC Talk days!)

The most amazing part was the diversity (Diverse City!) of the crowd. Every age group (I saw an elderly woman with a cane and afghan shawl people!), race, money class, sex, etc. was represented all for one purpose! We had a rocking time in the Lord!




No comments:

Post a Comment