Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Greatest Show on Earth!

When I heard the circus was coming to town I wanted to take Caleb so badly! The last time we took him he had just turned 2 and he fell asleep about halfway through. I knew this year would be the perfect age to take him! However, when I saw the ticket prices I accepted that we were not going to be able to afford it! The ticketmaster fees were almost the same as the cost of the ticket!

Things always have a way of working out like they should (I believe God steps in, even in silly situations like this). My Mom was given 4 passes for $10 tickets at the door! My friend Stacey from church and her daughter joined us for a fun day out!

Caleb was a wild man this morning, getting up at the break of dawn. He almost got punished from going to the circus when he got into my make up and got WATERPROOF mascara all over his face a few minutes before we left. I took this picture to show his father! Scrubbing it off proved to be quite a task.
When we arrived at the circus we were thrilled that parking was only $10 (usually it's $20) and the tickets were only $10 a piece (there were no ticketmaster charges at all). Maddie and Caleb were adorable together as we waited in line to buy the tickets!

Before the circus they have an hour long event where everyone can come down on the floor to get up close with the performers. Caleb tried on a circus jacket!



My favorite part of the circus was the elephants, strange enough. I was amazed when they all stood on their front two legs! If an elephant can do that, why can't I?

The circle of death was directly in front of our seats.


Caleb and his lovely $18 light up toy! Mom Mom Ament treated him to this! (Thank you Mom Mom Ament!) My favorite moment was when during the intermission Caleb was upset and asked me, "Did they really blow those people up?" Apparently he was so distracted by the fireworks when they shot 2 people out of a cannon that he failed to see them land! How traumatizing!


The theme of the show was "Zing, Zang, Zoom!" It was neat because magic tricks were interwoven through the show. It's very different than the 3 ring circus that I remember going with my godfather to each year as a child, but still awesome! I highly recommend checking it out!
The ride home was almost as entertaining as the circus itself! It took us nearly an hour to get out of the parking garage. During that time we rocked out to Veggietales. Caleb and Maddie argued like my brother and I used to. The best argument was probably the fact that Caleb thought tigers were friendly and Maddie through they were wild. Stacey settled the argument when she said that tigers in the wild were wild, but the tigers at the circus were well trained and somewhat friendly. Both of them "won!"
On a side note today I bought the last book in my "Seasons of Grace" trilogy by Beverly Lewis. I am dying to dive into the last book of my Amish drama. In addition to this book they had an Amish cookbook on sale by Beverly Lewis to celebrate the new book release! All of the things we love to eat while we are in Lancaster are in it! I am going to dive in head first and make cracker pudding tomorrow. It involves "scalding milk" in a "double boiler." I don't know what this means, but I'll find out! (Thank goodness for google!) I will post it tomorrow if it goes well!





No comments:

Post a Comment