Monday, April 5, 2010

Things that Go Bump in the Night...

At 12:30 a.m. on Saturday night I was suddenly awoken by loud banging on my bedroom window! This was shocking because our bedroom is on the second floor! It startled me so bad that my heart was racing!

I immediately sent Jason (he gets to take care of all loud evening noises that scare me to death) to the window. He said "It's a cat!" I then got out of bed to discover that it was OUR cat Princess! (He thought it was a stray!)

Princess is in INDOOR cat. She does not have front claws. We do not let her out! Our only thought is that she must have snuck out the downstairs screen door as we put trash out several hours before. It's a miracle that she was smart enough to jump on top of the shed and then pound herself on the window right by where we were sleeping.

The insane part is that she does not have front claws and yet she managed to completely destroy the screen to that window (the window itself was closed at the time). She was really hysterical at the time and I guess she tore it to shreds with her teeth. I am glad that she didn't run away! I would have been devastated on Easter morning if she was missing!

The screen that she destroyed!
The wild thing inspecting the damage!
She only weighs 6-7 pounds!
We will be carefully monitoring the downstairs screen when it is open!


No comments:

Post a Comment