Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer lovin' had me a blast...

Even though I am teaching summer school again this year, the half days make for a slower pace and give me precious afternoons with my boys.

Today I took Caleb and Blake outside for some backyard fun. I was sure to place an umbrella in front of Blake to block the sun. Technically he is not supposed to wear sunblock until his he is 6 months old. I break this rule some times though when it is not possible to shield him from the sun. To me it is worse to have a kid with itchy skin (although Blake doesn't exhibit this) than it is to have a kid that is sun burnt! He was more interested in the bold colors on the umbrella than he was with his big brother Caleb.
Caleb was clever enough to ask me to move his slide over to the pool.

He slides down into his pool for 1-2 hours. With how overactive he has become lately, this is a welcome break for all of us!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are able to enjoy some time with your boys this summer! The girls like to put their slide in the pool as well. Lil makes me so nervous because she climbs it all well and she is not the most stable! They have fun though! How exciting will it be next summer when Blake is big enough to play with Caleb??:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant she climbs it all wet. Makes a little more sense that way:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think God blessed me with two little boys so that they can share clothes and play together. We hope you and the girls are having a great summer!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe Elsie is 3 already either?! I remember her baby shower so vividly!!!

    ReplyDelete