Saturday, May 9, 2009

Fun Day :)

Today has been fun and eventful! Caleb and I made Miss Helen's Sugar cookies, my absolute favorite. He put decorative sprinkles on all of the cookies and pressed them with a fork. Here is the recipe:

Miss Helen's Sugar Cookies
½ lb Butter
2 Cups of Flour
1 Cup of Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1 tsp. Baking Soda

Mix butter, sugar, and baking soda. Beat in egg. Separately mix flour, cream of tartar, and vanilla extract. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture. Make ball and press w/fork. Add festive sprinkles if you like. Bake @ 375 degrees for 10 minutes.


These have always been a family favorite for us! Believe it or not, mixing the ingredients separately is important though!


After cookie making fun Caleb planted his "Veggie Tales" cactus garden. I hope they grow for him! He's so excited about them! I will have to update you on this one. If they don't grow maybe some cacti will "magically" appear one night. ;)


Finally, Caleb went with Mom Mom Ament for new shoes. When he got back home he was surprised to find a new sand/water table on the deck. I can't afford to give him the vacation I would like to give him, so I figured I'd give him something fun. The red top has a ramp for cars to run down. It also has a place to pour water down. He loves it, he spent two hours outside.

On a funny note, I'm having Caleb wear "big boy underpants" whenever he is not at daycare. Apparently he peed himself at the shoe store. Mrs. Linda didn't know until a lady started laughing because his pants were around his ankles and he was crying that "it went down my legs." Oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment