Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend



This weekend we celebrated Blake's baptism. Ironically Caleb was also baptized on Memorial Day Weekend, so the service was very similar to Caleb's with a patriotic message (some people were having deja vu!). It was very nice and meaningful for us as parents. What a responsibility we have!After the service we had a reception at my parents house. Not too many people came because of the holiday weekend. It was very nice though. No drama, which is my idea of a perfect family gathering. Blake's cake was gorgeous!


Today we are spending a day at home. We are catching up on chores, getting ready for a short week of work, and organizing. I spent 2 hours this morning just switching Blake's clothing from 0-3 months to 3-6 months. He has so many clothes for this summer! I am beginning to understand more and more every day as to why God blessed us with another boy!


On a silly side note, I am DYING to watch Jon & Kate Plus 8 tonight. Those of you who know me well know this show has been one of my guilty pleasures for years. With all of the controversy lately I can't wait to hear their side of the story. Part of me wants to believe that it's all a lie, but part of me knows that it has to be somewhat of a scam! Last summer Jason drove me to Pennsylvania to hear them speak at a church event. They spoke about the biblical principals they follow as parents and in their marriage. I hung on every word. Then I paid twenty dollars to get their autograph. That should have been the moment I knew it was a scam! Here is a picture from the autograph line.



No comments:

Post a Comment