Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Birthday to You, cha cha cha

Last night we celebrated my sister's 21st birthday at my parents house. I had steamed crabs for the first time in 2 years! Last summer I was following the pregnancy rules and didn't eat any shellfish. They were tasty, but I was reminded of how much work is required when eating crabs (a lot of work for not a lot of food). I enjoy the novelty of eating crabs but could never be one of the Baltimorons (no offense, I'm one too) that could eat them every week.

I made a yellow cake with chocolate frosting for last night's festivities. I used a Wilton cake gun to edge the cake. One day when I have time for myself I would love to take a cake decorating class. I love the look of fondant but haven't the slightest clue how to use it. I feel like it's too expensive to just by and play with. Here is the cake (Sara will probably be mad at me for posting this picture... I was going to put a smiley face picture over hers but I don't think I have the photo editing software on my computer... Sara just learn to laugh at yourself, I laugh at myself all the time... like when I slipped on my butt this morning in front of 29 8 year olds):

Here is a cute picture of Jason and Blake from two nights ago:

He's such a joy lately... I love all of these first smiles and laughs. I am so sad that I have to work full time, I feel like I'm missing out on so much. But alas, if we want a roof over our heads and food on the table, I have no choice. Two more days until the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment