Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

Today was a great day of family. I spent my morning relaxing with Caleb and Blake. Then, we headed over to the nursing home to visit my Grandmom. It's very difficult for me to visit her and I feel guilty that I don't go more often. A stroke has left her unable to speak and move the right side of her body. She is still there mentally though and you know there is so much that she wants to say but can't. You can tell she truly enjoys Caleb and Blake's visits. Her eyes light up and she can't stop kissing both of them.

After visiting Grandmom Weidinger we headed to a linner (lunch and dinner) with Jason's family. Caleb had a nice time doing sidewalk chalk with his cousin Hanna. He did have a hard time sharing chalk with her though. He's in for it in a few months when his little brother starts getting into his things!

Right now I am baking chicken in the oven for tomorrow night's dinner. I am making chicken alfredo lasagna. I don't have a recipe for it (all of the ones on the internet suggest using cream of mushroom soup, which my husband hates) and so I am winging it. We'll have to see! If it turns out I'll put the recipe up here. Have a great week!

Caleb, Mommy, and Blake in my "Best Mom" nightgown that my Mom gave me for Mother's Day.
Visiting great grandmom Weidinger.

No comments:

Post a Comment